Notifications
Clear all

Tanning in the sun or using a non comedogenic self tanner?

MemberMember
(@enacopations)

Posted : 05/27/2017 3:10 am

Hello!

I have red marks. If they get worse in the sun, is it better to use the self tanner? Or is it equally as bad?
I've been tanning outside for the past week and the burn was morbid. I looked like a tomato. My red marks only got irritated, but now they seem fine.
I feel like it should be better to use a self tanner since it "colors the skin", but never penetrates it, it's only temporary and theres no burn. But would it make my marks darker overtime?

I used it last summer and it worked fine, I can't really tell if my marks got "darker" or not, obviously they're a lot lighter now since it's been a year. Also I've heard that red marks and dark marks are not the same thing, so the red marks might not get worse?

I'm grateful for any answer really

MemberMember
(@beautifulambition)

Posted : 06/01/2017 11:41 am

Self tanner I hear can help some, others cover their red marks and put it everywhere else, as they find it can darken them. I know suntanning is bad both for the scar and makes it darker they pigmentation.

We made a faq for this commonly asked question. They are either PIE or PIH which are wounds from acne not scars 😉 Several treatments to checkout there.

[Edited link out]